10.02.2006

Learning 2.0: Downloading Audio Books

Ok. I browsed around NetLibrary in search of a good book to listen to; and, I gotta say, I was very disappointed with the selection of titles. Maybe it's because this is a new service, but there was a very small number of the type of books that I like to read (i.e. sci-fi/fantasy). No Star Wars books (not surprising) and no LOTR books (very surprising). I finally found Octavia Butler's Kindred (a great author) and went for it. No problem downloading; instructions were very clear. Then I went to transfer the file to my iPod and.....AAARRRGGGHH!!! No go!! How can the friggin' iPod, the most popular music/audio player in the world, not be a supported devise. I mean, I understand about the different file formats and the DRM and all that crap, but, man, does that suck.

3 Comments:

Blogger HeleneB said...

:( I know. But you'll be getting an MP3 player that will work with downloadable audio. :)

5:57:00 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

I feel your pain, sistah. I went to a PLCMC workshop recently that was all about audio books. I was REALLY excited because I live and breath for my Ipod nano (named Lil' Bit) and lo and behold- the friggin' audio books don't work with Ipods. NNNNNOOOOOO!!!

8:24:00 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Maybe if enough of us complain, they'll switch to a differnet subscriber that is compatible with iPod's. But I don't really think so.

1:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home